Why do I write in another language?
If I had a penny, as the saying goes, for every time this question has been put to me, I’d be a rich woman indeed.
Of course, there are reasons, something which I’ve been writing about for a while now, ever since I published The English Heart in 2012. This novel is based on the story of how I met my Englishman and ended up moving to Britain. When later, much later, I started my writing career, I decided to write in English even though this is my third language after Finnish and Swedish.
I believe that using different languages enriches your life and through that your writing.
In Write in Another Language in 10 Easy Steps, I share with you a few practical tips I use to make it easier to write in another language. These are some of the areas that this book covers:
- How to strengthen your language skills
- How to ensure your text is free from errors
- How to use software and other online tools
- How to take advantage of your ‘foreigness’
- How to avoid your inner critic and let your words flow
- How other writers use a second language for inspiration
Write in Another Language in 10 Easy Steps will be out 30 April 2019
You can pre-order this handy guide now. Just tap here to order your copy.